List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: Basic words in a new language
From:       Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2013-08-09 14:01:04

 --- Оригінальне повідомлення ---
Від кого: "Inge Wallin" <inge@lysator.liu.se>
Дата: 9 серпня 2013, 16:32:09

> Come on!
>

> Is there really nobody who have an opinion on the first words to learn in a new \
> language?

Hi,

I think the list of such words strongly depends on the goal of the learning of \
foreign language. One book that is meant to study mathematicians to write scientific \
texts for English journals recommends ~30 phrases and ~20 rules to use in the texts \
and that's enough (tested). ;)

For spoken conversation, words do not mean much but phrases do.

If you want to read papers, some statistical analysis can be at hand [1] (analysis \
can be complex if the inflexion rules should be taken into account). There are many \
linguistic papers on the topic of decipher of ancient languages and statistical \
methods are proven to be effective if some language rules and the direction of \
writing are known.

// I am not a linguist. ;)

Best regards,
Yuri