List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: Some weird problem with using Parley
From:       Frederik Gladhorn <gladhorn () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-08-10 13:33:16

Hi,

On 30. juli 2011, at 19.37, michal o wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm an user of Parley and KWordQuiz. I noticed there's a bug or there's no such a \
> useful mode like flashcards with sound! I run Parley, then open my own collection \
> which I use in KWordQuiz, Parley import all the items and it sees linked \
> soundfiles, I can test it clicking play and it works. Then I choose a practice mode \
> - flashcards - and it works great, but there's no sound or even such a button to \
> play a sound manually. How does it look in KWordQuiz? Much better - with the same \
> file, it plays sound during checking an answer automatically and then I can click \
> play manually. But i'd like to use Parley which is definitely more advanced. What \
> do i have to do to play a sound doing flashcards mode? It's also lack of such \
> options like selecting eg 20 in 1000 items to practice and setting shortcuts to \
> "check, i know and i didn't know buttons" (it's possible in KWordQuiz).
> I have to admit both applications are really great and useful - good job!

Yes, the missing sound in flash card mode is a missing feature, it seems no one got \
around to making the sound in flash card mode work in Parley. KWordQuiz and Parley \
are simply not the same app, so the feature set is slightly different. For selecting \
vocabulary in Parley you should create lessons.

Cheers
Frederik