List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu]:  Paraphrase practice with Parley
From:       "=?iso-8859-1?q?Jos=E9_A=2E_Fern=E1ndez?= Troncoso" <jstroncoso () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-08 21:22:54

Hi,

As a teacher of English I find Parley a great tool to revise and extend your
vocabulary. I use it myself and recommend it to those of my students who are
Linux users. So thank you all for such great work!

Last September I upgraded from version 0.9.3 to the current 0.9.4 version and
found that the paraphrase practice was missing. I wrote to the list then to
say how interesting I think that type of practice is, and to ask for it to be
supported again. I do believe that upper-intermediate and advanced students
can benefit most from this type of practice.

Now that KDE 4.6 has been around for some time (I'm already using KDE 4.6.1 on
Arch Linux), I once again put forward my request to have the paraphrase
practice back. Isn't it possible to add the option back, say next to the
example practice (which is also a monolingual practice activity)?

Kind regards,
José