List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu]: Re: GSoC Proposal: Classroom mode
From:       "Anne-Marie Mahfouf" <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2011-02-17 20:16:37

On Thursday 17 February 2011 20:49:21 Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I've seen the other Google Summer of Code proposal by Pranav Ravichandran
> and was wondering if the following idea might be worth investigating:
>
> Today, all apps are mostly edutainment, but all of them are missing some
> kind of classroom mode where a teacher can measure the results of his
> pupils. I think it would be great if we could come up with a central
> mechanism to turn all edu apps into classroom ready. It could be some kind
> of plugin, which teachers can enable. From a GSoC project, I would expect
> some kind of foundational work like providing a library and outlining
> guidelines how this lib must be integrated, etc.
>
> What's your opinion? Is that something useful or total nonsense?
>
> Regards,
>
> Sebastian
I think it's a very good idea but
- it needs a good mentor for GSoC which has some vision about the plugin
- it needs probably some list of requirements for it prior to the GSoC
- it needs a student who will understand what we want
Can you mentor it? If so we can draft a proposal and maybe define it in more
precise terms during the Edu meeting. What do you think?

Best regards,

Anne-Marie