List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: [Parley-devel] common vocabulary lists
From:       Sabine Cretella <s.cretella () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-26 8:51:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi :-)

Google applications: well these are a workaround for me, since we are
working on a collaborative system to collect and share lexical data. We hav=
already been testing it with the Agrovoc (FAO) data. It just doesn't make
sense to start coding on some intermediate application until Ambaradan work=
well. We want to take a demo version with us to Randa, so that's why we are
actually down-under with too many things on this end.

Latest news: I know that we have multimedia working (video and audio) but i=
still needs plenty of work on that end. There is one UTF-8 problem which is
driving us crazy ... I can't explain details since I am not a programmer :-=
)

I am simply not publishing where we exactly stand, because it would involve
many questions and discussions where I cannot answer and B=E8rto, who is
coding does not have time.

Who has time to read up can do this on our website:
http://www.voxhumanitatis.org/content/ambaradan-owm2-storage-engine
(here you will still find MySQL mentioned - the system was migrated to
Postgres)
The first page is actually the most relevant one.
If you wish to have all the text on one page, without having to click
through the various chapters:
http://www.voxhumanitatis.org/book/export/html/11

This is also the reason why, right now, I am not pressing to get a converte=
for the tables I have - the python scripts and bash commands work fine for
what is needed right now even if I have to make looooong stupid one command
after the other .sh scripts etc.

My own spreadsheets became too large to be digested by google (which
initially was quite comfortable) and that's the reason why I am now working
in OOo base and basically do mainly copy/paste work from data I get in
manually. If anyone has some magic sql command so that I can read in
contents from other tables in my table ... well ... it would be a nice
feature - if not: I just go ahead doing things one by one.

The problem is "getting the data" from people and that is where we have to
make "input" easy for them. Right now, for many particular languages a
google form is the easiest way for me and them to handle.

All for now :-)

Cheers, Sabine

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Frederik Gladhorn <gladhorn@kde.org>wrote=
: