List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu]: Fwd: FW: Call for Participation - "Young ESD Voices from
From:       Alexandra Leisse <leisse () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-02-07 13:33:30

Hi!

This landed in my inbox yesterday when I already was in Brussels. The
deadline is *very* tight but maybe anybody of you might be interested
and could submit something by Feb 9th.

Best,
Alexandra

> If you don't see this E-Mail correctly, please click this link. \
> <http://www.esd-world-conference-2009.org/en/newsletter-en/call-for-participation-young-esd-voices-from-around-the-world.html>
>  <http://www.esd-world-conference-2009.org>
> *Call for Participation – "Young ESD Voices from around the World"*
>
> *Call for Participation – "Young ESD Voices from around the World"*
>
> *Background*
> From 31 March to 2 April 2009, the /World Conference on Education for Sustainable \
> Development – Moving into the Second Half of the UN Decade/ will be held in Bonn, \
> Germany. Organizers of the conference are UNESCO and the German Federal Ministry of \
> Education and Research, in cooperation with the German Commission for UNESCO. Five \
> years into the Decade, the conference will follow four objectives: to highlight the \
> relevance of ESD to all of education; to promote international exchange on ESD, \
> especially between the North and the South; to carry out a stock-taking of the \
> implementation of the UN Decade and to develop strategies for the way ahead.
>
> World Conference participants are 700 representatives from all world regions, of \
> UNESCO Member States, United Nations Agencies, organizations from civil society, \
> and the private sector.
>
> *Call for Participation*
> One day before the opening of the World Conference, a workshop with 25 young people \
> from around the world with demonstrated engagement in Education for Sustainable \
> Development will take place in Bonn, Germany. Participants of the workshop will \
> also take part in the World Conference. Workshop results will be presented at the \
> Conference.
>
> Young people between 18 and 35 years of age are invited to submit *applications \
> *for participating in the workshop "Young ESD Voices from around the World" and in \
> the World Conference itself *by 9 February 2009*.
>
> Applications must include a letter of motivation (one page) describing the \
> applicants' engagement in Education for Sustainable Development, the motivation for \
> applying and a short description of what is intended to be done as follow-up to the \
> Conference. Moreover, a curriculum vitae should be submitted.
>
> Participants will be selected according to their engagement in ESD, their \
> involvement in relevant networks and hence their function as young ESD ambassadors \
> / multipliers.
>
> *Working language of the workshop*: English
>

> *Dates and venues*:
>
> * March 2009: Email consultations, preparing the workshop and the
> contribution to the World Conference
> * 30 March 2009: Workshop "Young ESD Voices from around the World"
> in Bonn, Germany
> * 31 March - 2 April 2009: World Conference on Education for
> Sustainable Development in Bonn, Germany
> * April / May 2009: Evaluation of the workshop and the World
> Conference via Email consultation and follow-up

> [...]

*EARTHEFFECT* (www.eartheffect.ch <http://www.eartheffect.ch>)
Environmental Knowledge Management

Master Student MTEC ETHZ  (Management, Technology, and
Economics) http://www.mtec.ethz.ch
Bachelor SIE EPFL (Science and Engineering in Environment)
http://www.sie.epfl.ch

Privat Mobile: +41 76 390 29 46 - Home/Business : +41 43 540 59 97

Email:  mvogt@student.ethz.ch <mailto:mvogt@student.ethz.ch>
- vogt@eartheffect.ch <mailto:vogt@eartheffect.ch>

Web:  <http://www.mtec.ethz.ch/>
http://www.ecoworks.ethz.ch
http://www.unipoly.ch
http://www.project21.ch

[project 21] - studentische Organisation für nachhaltige Entwicklung
www.project21.ch

Büro:
[project 21]
LEA D6