List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: koffice dependency for kdeedu
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2008-06-04 8:16:20

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 10:48:01 pm Thomas Zander wrote:

> Maybe with the new data point that Annma brought up (unwanted module
> dependency) we should re-evaluate this option?
What I ask is:
- make kdeedu compile without asking for KOffice to be updated
- add a note to packagers so they know exactly what to package and how
- have cmake clear outputs for users who build from sources and for packagers
as well

And it would be nice not to discuss that sort of things in public mailing
lists, here KOffice-devel and kde-edu and to first ask the KOffice packager
point of view and the kdeedu coordinator point of view. Those 2 are part of
KDE release team and can enquire further to other people if necessary.

The result of all this is that nobody is fixing it.

I suggest the people who are involved restart the whole process and send a
mail to both lists explaining the whole situation because personally I don't
know what is depending on what and what can use this flake.

Anne-Marie