List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu]: Hi, and a question
From:       Michele <petrovsky.m () comcast ! net>
Date:       2008-05-08 17:12:10

Hello, folks.  I'm a university instructor in CIS.  I just discovered
edu.kde.org; I'm very impressed.

I'm writing to ask if you'd be interested in adopting/distributing/enhancing
learning management software that I developed and have used in my classes.
It currently runs under SuSE 9.0, and relies on MySQL 4.0.15 and PHP 4.3.3.

There are two ways you can experience my site: as a student, or as an
instructor.  I've included below instructions for each.

Michele Petrovsky

Dear Colleagues,

As you know, I'd be happy to have any of you make use of the web site and
exam-generating software I've put together for my students and courses.
Here's a quick set of instructions for navigating the site either as a
student or as an instructor.

As a student

1.In your browser's address bar, type: http://69.136.97.222/ths/
ths_welcome.htm
2.In the upper right of the next screen, click Students.  (Depending on the
resolution configured for your monitor and the text size set for your
browser, you may have to adjust the height of the uppermost, dark green
frame.  Pull down the lower border of that frame in order to make all links
visible.)
3.In the third screen, click Access course materials.
4.In the form that results, type michele100a as the student ID, and CIS 100a
as the course code.  Make sure that the former is all lowercase and without
any spaces, and that the latter is uppercase, with a space between the S and
the 1.  Then click Continue.
5.Next, you'll be presented with a new screen that contains a button that
reads Proceed to CIS 100a main menu, Michele.  Just click this button to
arrive at the Main Menu for a course I'm teaching this semester at Cheyney
University.
6.Explore this course at your leisure. But if you'd care to try an exam, there
are a few more steps you must take.
7.Click the button that reads Exams, Quizzes, and Skills Assessments.
8.In the resulting screen, simply type Q , and click the button labeled
Continue, to take a quiz.
9.Take your time.  But when you're done, click the button Grade my exam , and
the button Show my results on the next screen, to see your score on this
test.

As an instructor

1.Carry out step 1 above.
2.In the upper right of the screen, click the link Colleagues.
3.In the signin form that then appears, type 777840 for Password.  Then click
the button Continue.
4.Click Proceed to main menu, Michele. in the screen that follows.
5.Next, you'll see a seven-link menu; explore this in any order you like.