List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: Debug
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-02 15:53:41

A Divendres 31 Agost 2007, Anne-Marie Mahfouf va escriure:
> On Thursday 30 August 2007 19:35:26 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Dijous 30 Agost 2007, Anne-Marie Mahfouf va escriure:
> > > Hi people,
> > >
> > > I intend to debug KHangMan and I started a webpage for testing its
> > > quality, like Jason explained once.
> > > http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KHangMan+Quality+Check
> > >
> > > My idea is to make a public appeal to get people check these points and
> > > help in debugging.
> > > I was wondering if we could do that on week-ends and with several
> > > KDE-Edu applications (I can prepare the pages or help), 3 or 4 programs
> > > per week-ends. People willing to test would issue bug reports, that can
> > > be coordinated via IRC. Maintainers however need to get involved in
> > > order to fix the discovered bugs. With the Beta 2 release I feel it's a
> > > good time to start this.
> > >
> > > Feedback?
> >
> > I'm all for doing this on IRC, announced on dot.kde.org like we did the
> > bug days back ago.
> >
> > We need to come up with say, 2/3 apps per day/Weekend and ensure the
> > mantainer/coders of these apps will be online, then we "just" need to
> > attract testers and fix the problems :-DD
> >
> > Albert
>
> I agree with that scheme.
> So: what week-end? 7 - 8 September?
I think we should focus on just one day, having maintainer focus for whole two
days may be too much.

Maybe 7 september is too close, we must write a doc on how to get
a "realatively usable" kde4 environment, do we know which distros do weekly
snapshot packages of kde4? or should we base on beta2? I think we should
accept anything new enough. Any volunteer to write this?

> what other apps?

What if we start with khangman and blinken, kgeography?

Albert