List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu]: Open Schools Alliance
From:       Jure Repinc <jlp () holodeck1 ! com>
Date:       2006-12-02 0:49:27

Hi,

Today I discovered a web site called Open Schools Alliance:
http://www.openschoolsalliance.org/

They describe themselves as:
"The Open Schools Alliance is an umbrella group supported by open source
businesses, technical experts, educationalists and concerned citizens.

We are united by the common belief that the UK could enhance education,
save taxpayers' money and strengthen its IT sector by treating Open
Source Software fairly."

Since KDE also comes with a lot of great educational programs I think it
would be in its interest to also join and cooperate with the alliance.
I've seen that GNOME Foundation is already listed on the list of supporters.

What do you think about this?

--
JLP's Blog - http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/