List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: Switching to cmake
From:       Pino Toscano <toscano.pino () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2006-04-22 10:15:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Alle 00:12, sabato 22 aprile 2006, Jason Harris ha scritto:
> Pino Toscano wrote:
> > - KStars: I don't know what is the current state of KStarts about the
> > compilation with cmake and about the configure checks. If anyone of the
> > KStart team (Jason? ;) ) could explain it, it'd be fine.
>
> KStars compiles fine with cmake right now.

Yes, I already saw that KStars compile fine. What I was referring to are also
the configure checks: I see a kstars/configure.in.in with 3 checks, and it
seems they're actually missing or implemented only partially (for example I
see no check for libusb). If they need to be written, I have to problem doing
this job, just let me know ;)

> The only issue is some
> custom scripting we have in our Makefile.am to extract strings from data
> files.  This code needs to be placed into the Messages.sh (is that the
> right name?) file that cmake expects.

If I recall correctly the "might-be" procedure for message extraction in kde4,
the it should be completely decoupled from the build system, so there's no
need to make cmake call that script.

Regards,

--
Pino Toscano