List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: Further development of kde-edu/Open jobs page
From:       Peter Hedlund <peter () peterandlinda ! com>
Date:       2005-06-20 19:27:34

Hi,

As you know I'm actively maintaining KWordQuiz and KVocTrain.

I encourage people who contact me (not that many) to file reports at
bugs.kde.org which then basically becomes my todo list. Others are of
course welcome to take on any of these tasks.

On a more advanced level what needs to be done is a vocabulary data
class that can be shared between the two programs and other programs
using the kvtml format so that the same files can be used in any program
without risking data loss. I have one person (at least I think so)
working on this with focus on KWordQuiz, but more needs to be done.

This data class then needs to be expanded to allow the use of images and
sounds for flashcard-type programs. A good data class can/should/will
probably be one of the corner stones in the educational framework we
always keep talking about...

Additional work on the documentation is always welcome.

Peter