List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu]: KMathTool
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-03-31 16:59:41

Hi all,

As there are several people interested in a math application, it seems a good
time to discuss it.

KMathTool is currently developed in kdenonbeta by Trenton. It looks like a
good platform to start with.

However, I can see several problems:
(I can post screenshots if some of you want them)
- target age non defined: areas & perimeters tab is for 9-11 years old while
vistrig is for older students.

- design: some tabs are designed vertically (area and perimeter) while others
are designed horizontally (factors)

- is the About tab needed?

- is the tabs design the best?

- will exercises be included as well as some notes? or interactive
demonstration like in eduKator?

Could we clarify KMathTool aims, design, subjects so we could code it quicker
with a team?

Regards,

Anne-Marie