Hello, Kvoctrain has one 'original' language and one or more tranlated languages. I wonder if it would be possible to get rid of this restriction, so that the original language could be 'set' at will. I know that in principle the following does not hold between languages : A translates into B, A translates into C so B translates into C. This is not generally true, but it is in a lot of particular cases. There are a lot of specialized vocabularies that could be build in such a way the the file containes the lexicology in 3,4, 5, even more languages and if we only can learn from the original language into one of the others this would mean that we have to duplicate the files... Another example is the relationship between an original language, say English and Chinese. Chinese can be written in simplified characters, traditional characters, pinyin, wade-giles, etc. One should be able to learn from any 'language' into any other. How can we do this with kvoctrain today except by splitting the file? Incidentally this example shows another flaw. As far as I can see we can only define 'real' languages, based either on KDE or iso. I thought of giving 'esperanto' here as an example of a language that was unavailable, but it is :) But one could imagine dialects and other specialized languages that are not defined, and I can't see (yet?) what a possible workaround would be. If we want to make 'setting' the original language optional (this could be saved at file level), there will be an impact on the 'levels' because the number of levels per language will grow exponentially with each language that is added. But perhaps we can discuss a restriction in the number of languages, or test to see at what level the combo of number of entries/lessons and number of languages becomes unmanageable. Regards Marc __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. www.yahoo.com _______________________________________________ kde-edu mailing list kde-edu@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu