Em Qui 20 Mai 2004 16:01, Jason Harris escreveu: > Hmm, I guess it was the pointer? Yes: The KIO notifications can never reach the object if it is created on the stack (i.e. without the 'new' operator). Unless we would use KIO::Job::setAutoErrorHandlingEnabled() in knewstuff. But then still other errors could occur without being able to see them. > BTW, is there any way to tell what file has been retrieved by KNewStuff? Does the dcop command not work for you? Or this is about something else? On a side note, please have a look at http://www.kstuff.org/wiki/. I have already implemented re-using upload information, but there might be other details. On the server side, I have been even busier, more or less the whole upload-process-download cycle can be automated now, and I'm working on an admin frontend to moderate entries and allow translators to add summary translations etc. Imagine that a lot of people use those features, then you don't want by hand look at which version is newer, recreate the XML file, find out what icons are missing etc. But a server to run it on has yet to be found, ideally not running anything else (for security reasons) and operated under KDE e.V. flag. I will try to make a proposal to the sysadmins, maybe there's some hardware left :) If individual web pages (like on edu.kde.org) want to display what is available, this will be possible similar to how kde-apps.org entries are currently shown at the KDE frontpage, or even better, with preview images, direct download links etc. What do you think about this? Josef _______________________________________________ kde-edu mailing list kde-edu@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu