List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Test framework already used?
From:       Sebastian Stein <s5228 () informatik ! htw-dresden ! de>
Date:       2004-02-19 20:52:45

Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese@student.kuleuven.ac.be> [040219 21:45]:
> > I could also use some big testing framework like the testing classes
> > in boost. If I do so, should I also put this into CVS?
>
> Absolutely not.  You can't put an entire boost library in KDE CVS just
> to do some tests.

I would only put the test cases online, the boost lib would be on the local
maschine. It is just like linking against glibc, it isn't in KDE CVS as
well.

> > Is there already a generic way for testing KDE apps? Any other
> > ideas?
>
> Do you really need more infrastructure than a simple test app ?

I just don't want to reinvent the wheel so I ask, if there is already a
common way to do automatic testing in KDE. I know there are test cases for
khtml, but I had not the time to look at it.

Steinchen
--
KBruch:  application to automatically generate tasks with fractions
Package: KDE Edu in KDE 3.2 (http://edu.kde.org/kbruch/)