List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] KWordQuiz updated and in kdenonbeta
From:       Peter Hedlund <peter () peterandlinda ! com>
Date:       2004-02-17 0:18:22

On Monday 16 February 2004 02:47 pm, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:

> It's nice.

Thank you.

> For the flashcard mode, I would maybe prefer the way FlashKard does it.

Could you be more specific? Things I like less with FlashKard is that it has
no keyboard navigation by default and the use of a tab control. There is no
way to "count as error", that is to review a subset again. The larger font
has advantages and I plan to make this configureable independent of the
editor (the font selected for the editor is now used).

> small bug: I noted that the StatusBar does not resize properly, when you
> make the window smaller, the statusbar is gone.

I'll look into it. I don't really do anything with the statusbar. I thought
that KMainWindow handled it?

> It does not want to open a .txt file even if it's a valid kvml file, just
> has not the good extension. (maybe I have not a point here ;)

It does look for the extension, yes. Do you suggest reading the file and look
for the correct DOCTYPE? Has there been any discussion to associate the kvtml
extension with specific programs?

> In Multiple choice, it should wait for a case checked when you hit Check or
> enter (even if the user has made no choice it says it's wrong which it is
> but maybe the user MUST make a choice.

I'll consider it. I think the normal mode for most users is to automatically
check a selection. Maybe I should make that the default instead of an option
as it is presently.

> What is the Hint for?

Try it! It will give you the next correct letter during question and answer.

> I did not look at the code though, will do that soon :)

I hope you don't find it too messy...

BTW, why is this list moderated when e.g. the kde-pim development list isn't?

Thanks,
Peter