List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] KMathProf announcement
From:       Daniel Kaminsky <danielkaminsky () web ! de>
Date:       2004-02-16 7:05:52

Hi,

> I have a comment:  In the US, the symbol for division is "/", not ":".

Ups, of coure you are right.

> I don't know how one can localize this easily; I didn't see anything
> about the division symbol in a quick read through the KLocale apidox.
> Perhaps you can look at how KCalc does it?

Well, KCalc has always a "/" as a symbol for division, even in German. But I
think that will confuse smaller children, if they aren't American.
The best solution (if there is no KLocale-Solution) is, that the user can
choose the division symbol in a Preferences-Dialog, among other options.

> Other than that, it looks like a nice start!

Thanks a lot. :-)

regards Daniel