List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] Re: KNewStuff for KDE-Edu?
From:       Josef Spillner <spillner () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-03 22:15:38

Hi,

Em Seg 02 Fev 2004 21:43, Jason Harris escreveu:
> However, as of KDE-3.2 it is still in kdepim/korganizer.  Is it going to be
> moved to kdelibs soon?  Is it usable by kdeedu while it is in kdepim, or do
> we need to put a copy of it into kdeedu/libkdeedu while waiting for the
> move to kdelibs?

I wouldn't put it into libkdeedu, because of the trouble of removing it
afterwards again. I have prepared some local changes which I want to commit
first, after that I'm going to ask for the move. (And I have another app
which is currently being polished for kdeextragear.)
Now that KDE 3.2 is out, focusing on new features is much easier.

> I'm interested in getting this set up for KStars, and kdeedu in general.
> Are there any usage tutorials beyond the above page?  From that I can't
> tell how one would set up the download repository, for example.

Annma asked some days ago already, and I promised to write a new tutorial, and
I haven't done so yet. Actually I started on it but then found out a design
flaw in app-based configuration. I expect it to be ready the following
weekend.

Please note that setting up repositories shouldn't be something app authors
need to worry about. I suggest to start with a download-only integration,
using a static directory xml file somewhere on edu.kde.org maybe, and later
using kstuff.org for uploads.

I'll prepare the new documentation (and doxygen API docs, which is a
requirement for kdelibs inclusion) using kvoctrain as example, so it should
be easy to hack it into kstars :)

Josef