List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Moving KTouch localised data into kde-i18n
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2003-09-10 16:15:14

Mahfouf Anne-Marie writes:

> I regret that there is not much more information about that if there
> was a change. I also regret that nobody looked in the kdeedu size
> when I twice raised the issues and we had time to do things.

Hey, these things happen :)  And the KTouch stuff is still in time
for 3.2.  I ignored the feature freeze a little bit, but since the
things I removed are completely unused in the build and installation,
I don't think this is a very big problem ;)

> But here we are, so am I allowed to move my data to the i18n modules
> for 3.2? To change my code to include a wizard (should we focuse as
> a team to that in the kdeedulib right now?) for 3.2?

I think that's already too late.  There are bound to be bugs
introduced by doing this now, and the entire purpose of the feature
freeze is to prevent that.  The kdeedu size will already be less than
it was in 3.1, and there is imho no other reason to rush this.  Of
course, the knewstuff work is necessary, but imho, this can wait until
KDE 3.3.

What do you think ?

cheers
domi