List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] KLogoTurtle help file in portuguese
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2003-08-04 19:16:30

Euclides Chuma writes:

> Hi to all again, I finished the help file in portuguese of Brazil of
> the KLogoTurtle. Anybody can import it in cvs kdenonbeta???

Err..  actually, the documentation translation works a bit
different..  As with C++ code, the documentation is split into smaller
translatable strings, which are translated through use of the same .po
files used for translation of normal strings.  This allows for easy
adaption of the translation to changes in the original, and some more
benefits.  So, I'm affraid you'll have to do a bit more work to split
up your translated version of the docs into the po-file..

The template .pot file that is created from the english index.docbook
file is not yet in the place in kde-cvs where it should be (
kde-i18n/templates/docs/kdenonbeta/klogoturtle.pot ), but it will
appear there soon.  You can create it yourself from the index.docbook
by using the tool "xml2pot" on it.  Then you should edit this file,
translate the strings ( using your existing translation.. ) and then
rename this file to klogoturtle.po.

As for committing to CVS, you should probably contact the Brazilian or
Portuguese translation teams ( are these the same ? ), and ask them
how to proceed.  I'm sure they will be glad to help you..

cheers
domi