List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] Kard
From:       "Mahfouf Anne-Marie" <annemahfouf () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-06-07 1:52:10

Hi all,

I rewrote the first game I coded for KDE and I imported it in cvs HEAD in
kdenonbeta. The name is Kard and it's a Memory-like game for young kids.
http://edu.kde.org/kard/obtain.php

At the moment, I have 2 major problems in Kard, in the kardview.cpp file.
1) when I set the theme to "house", there are pictures on the cards and they
are not sized correctly.
2) when I click 2 same cards in this theme "house", their backgrounds are
not recognized to be equal.

KardWidget is the widget for one card i.e. a QLabel with another QLabel on
top of it to hide it.
In kardview.cpp:
The layout of the game is done in the game() method (cards are drawn, colors
or pics are set as background).
Then when you click on a card, you go to slotTimer() and there the card is
identified by
kardW[co] = (KardWidget* ) sender();
co being 0 then incremented
when 2 cards are discovered, the connection is stopped (clicking on a card
has no effect) and in slotMatch() I see if the cards have the same
backgrounds.
But this does not work when the background is a pixmap (colors work OK).

If someone has some time to have a look at this, it would be great as I am
lost... Maybe my approach to the problem is not good...

Anne-Marie