List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] KLettres data
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2003-05-16 15:43:37

Hello,

> I think that to make the Kde-Edu a big module is not advisable. Maybe
> better solution is to make function in KLettres that download the package
> of language that the user to choose.

Whether we include these KLettres data files in kdeedu or not is not going to
have any measurable impact on the size of kdeedu.  The klettres program takes
4 MB; the whole of kdeedu is over 57 MB, so KLettres, in its entirety, is
only 7% of the module.

If you want to shrink the size of kdeedu, I think it would make much more
sense to move the language-specific data under
ktouch/extras/training-gen/data/ to the kde-i18n directories I mentioned
earlier.  Those files are 14.2 MB; that's 25% of kdeedu right there.  Those
KTouch data files are larger than any other kdeedu app, including KStars.

What do you think?

Jason

--
KStars:  A K Desktop Planetarium