List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] kig -features
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2003-03-23 18:06:08

arnold k67 writes:

  arnold> Hello Devriese,

My first name is Dominique, actually :)  Devriese is my last name..

  arnold> I thought that Kig can do everything that KGeo can do but I
  arnold> found out recently that it isn't possible
  arnold> to measure the distance of two points or calculate the
  arnold> length of a line. This would be an interesting feature. I
  arnold> miss that. Maybe it would be possible to realize this.

Kig has this feature.  Try right-clicking the segment, select "Show
the..." and then "Length".

You can also build more complicated labels if you want ( something
like "This segment is %1 units long", e.g. using the Text label button
and the wizard that appears then..

I must also admit I forgot this KGeo feature in the KGeo import filter
for Kig 0.3.1, but i added it in make_it_cool, which should reach
stable state in a week, maybe two..  I'm hoping I can do a release
in a month or so..

cheers
domi

--
You'd like to do it instantaneously, but that's too slow.