List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] custom branches and 'make dist'
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2003-03-18 0:39:37

Hello,

We are planning to release KStars 1.0 pretty soon.  In preparation for this, I
tagged "kstars_1_0_branch" in CVS, so we could work on bugfixes in this
branch, and have a strings-frozen branch for i18n.  However, while we can
checkout this branch, we get the following error if we try to commit to it:
  cvs server: sticky tag `kstars_1_0_branch' for file X is not a branch

Have we done something wrong?  How can we fix this?

Also, we can't seem to run "make dist" from inside the kstars directory.  Does
anyone know how to make that work?

thanks for any info,
Jason
--