List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] Future of KMathTool
From:       Birgit Schulz <schulz.b () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-02-20 15:46:51

Hi everybody,

a long time ago that I wrote last time to the list because of personal
reasons. And KMathTool wasn't improved ... I think ...because I wasn't
looking at cvs-Server for a long time.

I still think that an app like KMT would be interesting for edu-KDE.
In Germany there is an app like KMT called WinFunction for Windows which is
very succesfull and sold very offen. An other shareware-app Math-Ass(sistant)
is very often used by pupils and students, too.

So I think we should go on with KMT. The problem is, that I think that I'm not
good enough to maintain it. I can programm some little functions and use my
math-knowledge, but I'm not a KDE-Freak with enough experience.

So I'm looking for a skilled and not too busy KDE-Programmer who will be able
to create a good basic KMathTool with all needed functionallity and some
Widget-Classes for different kind of circumstances (e.g. for geometry with
picture and some entry-fields)
These classes can be used by interessted peoples ... like me ... to create
functions. The maintainer only needs to add a menu-point and the
function-class.
I will help with math-problems and the "old" functions will be added very
fast. Some more geometry-functions can be created easily, too.

A possible design is the one by Klas Kalass
( http://www.kalass.de/kmathtool-example.png and
 http://www.kalass.de/kmathtool-main.png)

So ... is there someone who can help me/KMathTool????

Birgit Lachner (Schulz)