List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Road map?
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-01-31 15:38:24

Am Freitag, 31. Januar 2003 16:10 schrieb Mahfouf Anne-Marie:
> My opinion is that the more educational software we have the better.
> If a KDE educational app is not to be included in the official kdeedu
> package for whatever reason that I won't contest, I think that all KDE
> Education apps should at least:
> 1) be linked from the KDE-Edu website
> (this is not the case for KMathCenter and other very good apps as KOctave)
> Should we make clear which ones are in the kdeedu module?
I agree that the website should have a links section for external KDE edu
applications.

> 2) be translated as much as possible
> I had this idea of a "edu correspondant" in each i18n team if possible.
many teams only have one person...

> How does i18n work for the KExtra Gear modules?
All necessary files are in the i18n directory and some apps are already
translated. For a release, those files are copied by the packager into the
released package (well, the packaging script does this really).
To notify translators about freezes we have some infrastructure on our website
and tell them when an application goes into freeze (well, at least that is
what we promised to do :).

> What about a KExtra Edu module?
I would favour to put them into the Extra Gear if they should not go into
KDE-Edu. I assume we are talking about maintained applications that are
regarded as "stable or near-stable"  by their developers?

I think that putting those applications into the Extra Gear is the best bet,
because this is exactly what the Extra Gear was created for. No need to
complicate things even more for Translators.

Regards,
  Klas