List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] status of application discussion : KPercentage
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2002-09-18 14:56:07

Mahfouf Anne-Marie writes:

> Hi, Right, it seems very difficult to see through all that and to
> take a decision for the KDE3.1 release.  I am quite lost on what to
> do...

> It seems that the module is not good enough to fit in a KDE release.
> Are people within KDE core developers concerned about the kdeedu
> module quality?

> If yes, then we must remove all incriminated apps.

Hi,

Firstly, I think it's way too late to change anything to KDE-Edu
except for bugfixes.  There's a beta out, remember ?  The only option
we have is to release what we have now, and figure out what to do for
KDE 3.2 .

Secondly, for the 3.2 release, imho throwing out any application for
which no good alternative is available, is not an option.  Unless
there is a very good reason to do so, I don't see how you can sell
this to users, packagers and translators.
( Note that merging an application into something like KMath is an
entirely different issue, cause the functionality and the code is
still there.. )

Could the KDE core developers that want KDE-Edu out of the release
give any arguments for this, please ?

Cheers
domi

--
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading
this sort of trash.