List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Re:  Re:  Re: status of application discussion
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-18 8:38:58

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 07:31, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Tuesday September 17, 2002 10:24, Klas Kalass wrote:
> > Yes, but it is nonsense to have an entry in apps like KMath that says
> > "File". We need to make up our mind what is special and what needs to be
> > different and maybe integrate that into the main Style Guide. I don't
> > think we need our very own version, but we need a hint that maybe
> > "Exercise" is better suited than "File" for some edu apps.
>
> Then take it up with KDE globally, and get it in the central document.
> That's all I ask - work with all of KDE.  Don't just look inward.

Well, first we need to know what our specific needs are, before we can discuss
it in a greater forum. So please understand this as a SIG preparing some
discussion paper. We are not trying to undermine KDE's standards in the first
place.

Still you need to understand, that children have very special needs which
cannot be met by changing fonts alone. Esp. the picture and multimedia stuff
is a difficult task. We basically trying to define these needs. Ideally we
also would have this discussion with teachers, psychologist etc. who know
more about the needs of children. BTW, the same holds for accessability
projects.

Who knows - maybe all this leeds to the implementation of an own style and
some themes... but before we don't know the look&feel we want, we cannot talk
about the technical part. You probably can help us later with the technical
stuff then. It would be great to have more help there :-)

Greetings,
eva