List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] status of application discussion
From:       "Mahfouf Anne-Marie" <annemahfouf () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-09-18 2:50:02

Hi,

> > Please remember that we already missed the packaging date for Beta 2,
>but
> > lets at least get this done prior to RC1.
> > I consider all apps not mentioned here to be in KDE 3.1.
> >
> > kgeo:
> > ------
> >   Does everybody want to keep in because it was in KDE 3.0 (although it
> > appears to be unmaintained)?
>
>Who wants to get rid of it?
I suggest to keep it until KIG comes in.

> > kpercentage:
> > ----------------
> >  I will send another mail, dedicated to it soon.
I suggest to keep it until KMath comes in.

> > kverbos:

I suggest to keep it until a better spanish app replaces it.

I know that KMW, KVerbos, KHangMan and KLettres are small apps, I know they
are not perfect but they exist because they are needed. They are the base
for better things.
As you saw, Uwe started KTT as I started once KTimes. Uwe has kids too and
when you have kids, you can see how learning timestables is a pain and an
app like KTT allows the kid to train with more fun than with a pen and a
paper. It is just so natural to code such an app. I think I can say that all
those apps were started at first to fulfill a need.
If we have replacement for these apps, then I think it's OK to replace them.

This is my opinion but I don't rule. I would like to see people voice their
opinion so we could decide for good what to do for 3.1, as a decision
approved by most people.

> > khangman & klettres:
> >  Did we have those in KDE3.0?

KLettres: yes
KHangMan: no

> > Do we have a list of all apps that were released with KDE 3.0?

KEduca, KGeo, KLettres, KMessedWords, KStars, KTouch, KVocTrain

Annma