List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] status of application discussion
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-09-17 18:50:54

Hi,

Since I started the big discussion about the status of applications there has
already been a lot of actions, but I would like to not let this discussion
die yet. Could please also people not involved with the corresponding apps
voice their opinions (I am sure we have a lot more opinionated people here -
Scott?)?

Please remember that we already missed the packaging date for Beta 2, but lets
at least get this done prior to RC1.
I consider all apps not mentioned here to be in KDE 3.1.

kgeo:
------
  Does everybody want to keep in because it was in KDE 3.0 (although it
appears to be unmaintained)?

kpercentage:
----------------
 I will send another mail, dedicated to it soon.

kverbos:
----------
  Arnold: I take it you would continue to maintain it in the Extra Gear?
  As I cannot remember anyone speaking up for it to stay in kdeedu and I
already thought that the consensus of the last thread on kverbos was to move
it to KEG, will you ask Waldo to move it to the Extra Gear? And before I
forget: Please subscribe to the ML and welcome to the Extra Gear  :-) !
If you do not intend to continue maintaining that app then please tell us
(this is just the default disclaimer to make sure we get no unmaintained apps
in the Extra Gear, just in case).

khangman & klettres:
-------------------------
 Did we have those in KDE3.0?

Do we have a list of all apps that were released with KDE 3.0?

And one more general thing:
Did anyone start with something like a KDE-Edu styleguide?
I think it would be good to have something like kdeedu/internal/Styleguide
where everybody adds his/her ideas on what such a guide should contain and
then notify the list (optimum: with the corresponding webcvs link for the
lazy ones among us;) and then everybody would work on this single document
instead of long email discussions. And once everybody agrees on the content
we make a HTML document out of it, format it niceley and maybe even add
pictures :-)

Everybody: What do you think about this?