List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] KMath and KPercentage
From:       Matthias Messmer <bmlmessmer () web ! de>
Date:       2002-09-13 13:50:51

On Thursday 12 September 2002 22:21, Mahfouf Anne-Marie wrote:
> Hi all, hi Matthias,

> waoooo, just the way I like it. How did you manage that, could
> you send me the relevant code (please, please?)

Dont be happy, i didnt think you like it w/o colors and background images. and
the font only is big if i change the font in the cotrol center globally. i
only wanted to show, that k%'s fonts are not fixed. but i didnt committ so
far. caus i dislike the outfit at all.

> How come it looks so big on your screen and 24 is quite small on mine?
> I think I will never get it right with fonts...

> > > The background was so nice ... can it be included and made resizeable
> >
> >possible yes, but it is not worth it if it will be "included" in KMath...
>
> OK, I will tell the way I see KMath and if I am wrong, I shall be corrected
> promptly. I am not a KPart guru (yet...)
>
> First, if you have some time, you could have a look at
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/kparts/index.html

ok, kparts isnt that new to me. gogo and me gave it a try with our own plot
prog some months ago.

> The way I see KMath is that there will be a shell to allow the user to
> choose
> the type of exercise s/he wants (the part) and then the part is launched.
> The part stays exactly the same program as it was prior to KMath in the
> case it
> already exists: KBruch becomes the fraction part but has the same look than
> KBruch
> before being integrated in KMath. So K% would keep the same functionalities
> when
> integrated in KMath, same window, same buttons, same tasks.

oh, that is easy, just look at the K-Menu. there you have a list of all math
apps and if you choose one, it will be launched. so where is the effort, if
KMath doesnt do much more than only launching progs...

> As for the fancy background, I personally think it's better to have one
> because
> otherwise all apps will be so boring...
>
> In Kmath, I guess it would be easy to have a common look and feel in term
> of colors and widgets and fonts
> and size and way to indicate if the answer is right or wrong.

uh, i personally dont think it will be easy to make consensus here cause of
all the different ppl may be involved with it...

> I guess KMath
> could also integrate some password and network code to allow monitoring
> the pupil's progress, I would also like to see it work with thin clients.
> That would be in the
> shell.
>
> I hope my explanations are correct. But in any case please wait for any
> correction before starting
> to feel less frustrated ;-)
>
> Annma

Matthias Messmer