List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] KMath and KPercentage
From:       "Mahfouf Anne-Marie" <annemahfouf () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-09-12 20:21:05

Hi all, hi Matthias,

> > > http://bmlmessmer.bei.t-online.de/kpercentage/welcome-12pt.png
> > > http://bmlmessmer.bei.t-online.de/kpercentage/welcome-24pt.png

waoooo, just the way I like it. How did you manage that, could
you send me the relevant code (please, please?)
How come it looks so big on your screen and 24 is quite small on mine?
I think I will never get it right with fonts...

> > > http://bmlmessmer.bei.t-online.de/kpercentage/welcome-resized.png
> > >
> > > do you feel better with this?
> >
> > The background was so nice ... can it be included and made resizeable
>
>possible yes, but it is not worth it if it will be "included" in KMath...

OK, I will tell the way I see KMath and if I am wrong, I shall be corrected
promptly. I am not a KPart guru (yet...)

First, if you have some time, you could have a look at
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/kparts/index.html

The way I see KMath is that there will be a shell to allow the user to
choose
the type of exercise s/he wants (the part) and then the part is launched.
The part stays exactly the same program as it was prior to KMath in the case
it
already exists: KBruch becomes the fraction part but has the same look than
KBruch
before being integrated in KMath. So K% would keep the same functionalities
when
integrated in KMath, same window, same buttons, same tasks.

As for the fancy background, I personally think it's better to have one
because
otherwise all apps will be so boring...

In Kmath, I guess it would be easy to have a common look and feel in term of
colors and widgets and fonts
and size and way to indicate if the answer is right or wrong. I guess KMath
could also integrate some password and network code to allow monitoring
the pupil's progress, I would also like to see it work with thin clients.
That would be in the
shell.

I hope my explanations are correct. But in any case please wait for any
correction before starting
to feel less frustrated ;-)

Annma