List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] math app - design version 0.1
From:       Sebastian Stein <s5228 () informatik ! htw-dresden ! de>
Date:       2002-08-21 10:03:16

Eva Brucherseifer <eva@kde.org> [020821 11:38]:
> > It is a great pleasure for me... ;-)
> ;-) If you are interested, I can send you some comments regarding your
> design/coding (I inherited probably some teacher genes by my parents, sorry
> for that...).

Yes, please do so, I can only learn if I know what are the mistakes.

> The other idea I had, was to set up tests with a wizard (like the wizard in
> kdevelop, which you use to setup new projects). On the first page you would
> choose the different parts and then each part shows its own configuration
> page in the wizard.

Ok, here my input about configuration:

We have to deal with 2 different types of configuration. One is to set up
the general behaviour of an app. Something like font size, auto save, tip of
day and so on.

The other thing is to set up the difficulty of an exercise, how many terms,
show the stats and so on.

For point one I think a configuration dialog is very good. This dialog could
be under the menu bar. The other point must be very easy to set up, like
combo boxes, input fields and so on in the tool bar. The user must be able
to change very quickly the difficulty. A wizard like in KDevelop is to
complex for this task.

And another fact comes in my mind. Point one has to be save with the help of
KConfig. Point 2 will be set up every time the user executes the app.

> *Poll*
> Are you more in favour of infinte tests or configured tests? Should we enable
> both?

We should enable both. But I like the infinte test. These tests are
configured as well, but the good thing is, that because of random generator
no exercise will be shown again.

Steinchen
--
KBruch: application to automatically generate tasks with fractions
Package: KDE Edu in KDE 3.2 (http://edu.kde.org/kbruch/)