List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] knorskverbs and kverbos
From:       Thorsten =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCrell?= <thorsten () muerell ! de>
Date:       2002-07-25 19:53:22

Hi,

I'm the German translator for the kdeedu part of KDE and I'd like to give you
my opinion regarding the inclusion of dictionary apps in kdeedu. From my
point of view both applications, knorskverbs and kverbos, aim at providing a
dictionary to an user, who wants to learn or has learned the specific
language. So my suggestion would be, that you do not reinvent the wheel and
that you use resources, that already exist in kdeedu. I'm talking about
kvoctrain which is now a nearly grown-up dictionary application. KVerbos is
nearly the same and the only difference between knorskverbs and kvoctrain is
the Norwegian dictionary.
So why don't you stop developing three applications, which do almost the same,
take your wordlists and put them into the kvoctrain application.
It would also be much easier for the translators and for the final users to
keep track of the applications in kdeedu and to keep the number of different
applications low.

Regards,

Thorsten Mürell

--