List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] Re: additions to kgeo and kig
From:       Dominique Devriese <fritmebufstek () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-06-29 16:19:38

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 09:51:27AM +0200, Maurizio Paolini wrote:
> Dear Dominique,
>
> a few days ago I added a couple of features in kgeo
> (http://dmf.unicatt.it/~paolini/kgeo/), and sent a note to the
> author and to Anne-Marie Mahfouf.  I then got a couple of
> answers pointing me to your project "kig" which I was not aware of
> before.
>
> After a very short try it seems to me that those enhancements I added
> to kgeo are still missing in kig, so that perhaps you could be
> interested;  in that case I point you to the web page indicated above.
>
> I am now leaving for two weeks, so I will not able to answer e-mails
> in that period.

Hi, just to give a little status update on these patches:
(cc'ing kde-edu-devel@mail.kde.org)

> Briefly, the two enhancements are:
>
> - construction of the "radical line" of two circles, which is just
> the line through the intersection points of the two circles, when
> they exist, but is defined also for nonintersecting circles.

This is integrated into Kig; you find it in Line->Radical Line...

> - construction of the intersection points of a line and a circle.

I'm working on some things to support this properly ( "invalid"
objects etc. This is necessary cause it's possible for a circle and a
line to have no intersection... )

> Best wishes!
> Maurizio Paolini

ditto, have a nice holiday :)