List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Linuxtag - report of kdeedu meeting
From:       Tim Jansen <tim () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2002-06-23 21:52:45

On Sunday 23 June 2002 22:10, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> What is missing here is an automatic setup of privileges for a classroom
> session and also a tool for the teacher so that he can see the desktops of
> all students at one glance. Unfortunately I don't know if Tim or anyone
> else plans to work on this.

I'm planning to add network browsing for krfb in the 3.1 timeframe and network
authentication after 3.1. This could be used as a base for a classroom tool.

> As a sidenote - Jens reported about a nice feature of MasterEye where the
> teacher can darken the screen when he shows something to the students. Only
> the cursor and an area around it is then in normal mode, so that the
> students can follow the cursor much better.

I'm currently working on a protocol extension for RFB (VNC's protocol) that
will allow the server to transmit the position of the cursor to the client.
Without the extension this feature would not possible because the VNC client
does not know the cursor's position. Should be done today or in the next days
(the protocol extension in krfb and krdc, not the darken-the-screen feature).

bye...