On Thursday 30 May 2002 01:42 pm, Eva Brucherseifer wrote: > KDEEdu is more than just language apps. Shouldn't if have a more specific= =20 > name=20 > then including the voc aspect? >=20 > What about=20 > KEduVocData Yes that would probably work. There is some question at this point is whet= her=20 or not this lib will be mostly for vocabulary data, but it seems that thing= s=20 are going that way. =20 Question: Is there anyone out there that has developed or is developing an= =20 application that would benefit from the data model that the vocabulary apps= =20 are using? i.e. a set of text values that represent an "entry" and a set o= f=20 those entries that represent a "list"? Ok now, thinking about it, I think the way to go would be to define a set o= f=20 classes that work with kvtml that are specific to vocabulary. If at some=20 point we decide that a more generalized approach would be useful, we could= =20 port those classes to the generalized solution and use the "vocabulary"=20 classes as a wrapper to the more general classes. How does that sound? =20 > Also it might be interesting to have a seperate lib for voc apps, so I'd= =20 > call=20 > it "libkeduvoc". Math apps might also want to have a lib and would be qui= te=20 > bad to link all the voc stuff into a math app. > A lib "libkedu" should only contain things, that _all_ edu apps can use,= =20 > such=20 > as a score system, etc. Hmm. I disagree here. I see why it would be useful to have separate sets = of=20 classes, but I don't see why they should be in separate libs. For example = Qt=20 is one library, kdeui is just one library, etc. Again, this is open for=20 debate but I don't see a reason to build several libraries except where the= re=20 are linking issues (for instance there are potential advantages to not havi= ng=20 to link to classes that contain GUI items). What do you see as the benefit= =20 of these not being in the same library? At any rate this should give us some good things to talk about at LinuxTag! =2DScott _______________________________________________ kde-edu-devel mailing list kde-edu-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu-devel