List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] And so it begins (libkdeedu)
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-30 11:42:42

> This also means that it's open for suggestions.  For the name of the lib, I
> followed the libkdenetwork pattern, but that can change.  I arbitrarily
> picked the prefix "KEdu" for all of the classes and decided on the name
> "KEduData" for the vocabulary data.  Ewald had suggested some other things
> but mainly based on having several KDE-Edu libs, which of course begs the
> question, should there be several?  Looking around at other KDE things it
> seems pretty common to pack a lot of logically connected material into one
> lib.

KDEEdu is more than just language apps. Shouldn't if have a more specific name
then including the voc aspect?

What about
KEduVocData

Also it might be interesting to have a seperate lib for voc apps, so I'd call
it "libkeduvoc". Math apps might also want to have a lib and would be quite
bad to link all the voc stuff into a math app.
A lib "libkedu" should only contain things, that _all_ edu apps can use, such
as a score system, etc.

Greetings,
eva