List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] And so it begins (libkdeedu)
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-30 10:57:40

Well, there's probably not much for you there yet, but can you give us some
idea of how your data is represented?  This is the type of data that we're
trying to collect now so that we can make the lib useful.

Of course this also brings up another point.  I don't think the lib will be
just a layer on top of the Qt XML classes.  If your data will not be useful
for another program, there's really no reason to do the processing in a
library.  Make sense?

An example might be if several of the math programs tried to figure out a
common way to represent the data in a way that it might be useable in other
programs, then it should be done in a library.

And failing all else, you can check out the parser that I put in libkdeedu
last night, it should give an idea on how to use QDom.  Alternatively for a
SAX based example you could look at the old (removed from CVS last night but
still available through web-cvs, etc.) FlashKard implementation.  I'm
certainly no XML expert, but I managed to figure out QDom in a few hours last
night.

-Scott