List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] And so it begins (libkdeedu)
From:       Ewald Arnold <ewald () ewald-arnold ! de>
Date:       2002-05-30 6:37:44

Hello,

> lucky, I'll only break your app a few times.  Things will be moved,
> renamed, rewritten and the API will change.

I already mentioned that I don't like the idea of walking through a domtree
too much. Of course this is a very personal opinion. I will start an event
driven approach the next days so we can compare the two.

> but mainly based on having several KDE-Edu libs, which of course begs the
> question, should there be several?  Looking around at other KDE things it

I think we should have at least two: an io and data related one and a second
for gui things. If no one objects I will set up the cvs environment for two
libs: libkdeedudata and libkdeedugui. This supports seperating data and
representation and also enables people to use the data access api without kde
around (edudata should then be able use qt libs only).

cheers
Ewald

--
Ewald Arnold, Germany