List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] autoconf & KLettres
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-06 21:12:50

On Monday 06 May 2002 01:57 pm, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> From now on, cvs HEAD uses autoconf2.52. Autoconf 2.13 compatibility has
> been removed.
>
> So please install autoconf 2.52 or 2.53.
>
> Mandrake users: provided you installed 2.52 or 2.53, you have to set up a
> variable. Bash users:
> export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1"
> ----------------
>
> For KLettres, I use now KGlobalSettings::largeFont() (thanks, Waldo) which
> gives a size 48 for the letter on the board and in the lineEdit. I has to
> add setFamily("SansSerif");
> to get helvetica otherwise it used A.D.MONO on my system.

Hm.. AD.MONO is no good? Setting "SansSerif" yourself kind of defeats the
purpose of largeFont() since there is no guarantee that "SansSerif" is
available in size 48. On the other hand largeFont() is rather agnostic about
the "Serif-ness" of the font. Hm.. this sucks.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com