List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] First Announcement Of KMathCenter
From:       dominique devriese <fritmebufstek () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-04-30 10:23:08

Op dinsdag 30 april 2002 12:01, schreef Anne-Marie MAHFOUF:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like people to test KMathCenter and to address the following
> issues:
> - what about the OpenGl dependency? For example, I had not it on my system
> and could not guess that I had to install Mesa which is the same..........

isn't there a Qt GL module ? i don't really know what this means for the
dependencies...
This dependency thing is starting to become quite annoying:
maybe there should be options to the configure script:
--with-opengl
(--with-koffice: here we are again :)
which would enable or disable the compilation of the programs in question
(i think i can add this if everyone agrees...

> I don't want to be negative, it's just that I feel that we have been using
> HEAD a bit lightly (my fault, I knew nothing about a KDE release until
> now.....) but it seems the way to import in HEAD is to have a fully working
> app (all features implemented) with proper i18n and doc.
Hi,
me personally, i think you're completely correct: that's also why i'm thinking
of not putting kig in KDE-Edu until the next release (kde 3.2)
I also like the idea of one central math program, which would include Kig,
KMathTool, KMathCenter and KMPlot... but that's prolly for the more distant
future...