Op dinsdag 30 april 2002 10:18, schreef Christian Parpart: > Hi all, > > KMathCenter is a math science application wich intents to go > into the kde-edu package set. > > The current features of KMathCenter are: > * symbolic derivations > * symbolic expression simplifications > * string based expression calculation. > * analytic function plotter > > The current features goals are as follows: > * symbolic expression integration > * symbolic expression expanding > * everything else you need to compute a complete curve > discussion (I unfortunately can't say these things in > english) > * scripting system for advanced mathematical algorithms > [...] > Now the time has come where some people was already waiting for. > I bundled my backend library with the frontend and made it ready > for an initial release to be tested by other developers to get > their oppinion about that project, its requirements(OpenGL!), > some hints and everything else. I encourage you to have a look > into the sources too. > > Screenshots of KMathCenter made while coding on it are available at: > http://www.surakware.net/projects/kmathcenter/shots.xml > > Download of that initial package for testing is available at: > http://www.surakware.net/downloads/kmathcenter-testing.tar.gz > > You surely have noticed that KMathCenter is using libmath++, it's > developement state till now may be reviewn at: > http://cvs.surakware.net/viewcvs.cgi/libmath++/ > > I would be really really very happy if you feel free to download it, > test it, or just look into its sources, _and_ give me feedback about > before I am going to contribute and commit it to KDE CVS. > > Any feedback is welcome. > > Thanks alot, > Christian Parpart > http://www.surakware.net Hi, this looks really cool (i've only checked out the screenshots yet, but i'm going to check out your code soon..) It seems to me like a very valuable addition to KDE-Edu, which would make it more useful to older children (i mean children at the end of high school) as well. In my school, we use two programs in math class: Cabri, which is a mathematic figure drawing program ("interactive geometry") which my prog Kig (currently in kdenonbeta) aims to be a replacement for, and Derive, which does what your prog does (+ some more things (integrating funcs etc.)). If both programs continue to improve, KDE could provide free and better alternatives for both: hoorah ! have fun domi _______________________________________________ kde-edu-devel mailing list kde-edu-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu-devel