On Thursday 25 April 2002 11:53, Piotr Szyma=C5=84ski wrote: > Hello, > I.) kletres > The problem with kdeedu is that its programs are mostly connected to on= e > language and have no l10n framework. I believe that it would be agreat = idea > to have a program like klettres to learn other alphabets, not only for > children, because people who are learning other languages often have > trouble with learning new alphabets, especially if those alphabets > extremely differ > > >from their native one, Japanese alphabets would be a great example her= e. I > > am > > just beginnig to learn that language, but I already have problems with > getting used to kana and a program which would allow me to learn at lea= st > one of kana alphabets would be very welcome. > How should it look from the programmers point of view: > 1.) kdeedu/kletres we make subdir called i18n > 2.) In the i18n dir we put the files which would be l10n. Those files w= ould > include: > - sound files in ./sound Hmm, would be maybe to big for kde-edu and if it's too big the user can d= /l=20 the files and install them using klettres... > - graphics in ./gfx > - an alphabet definition, which would be parsed by kletres, it would be > created by the i18n team ex. the Japan team would make a file with 4 > alphabet definitions (for both of kana, kanji and romanji), kletres wou= ld > read it, and it would have a select bar which would consist of 4 > positions.... > We could use xml for this: > > =E3=81=90 > gu.wav > > 3.) The interface would look like this: > - the program would load the default alphabet for the language that is > chosen in kde control center. > - if user wants to learn a diferent language, then he/she would click o= n > Settings->Language, and the submenu in there would be order like the > locales in the control center, and if a language has several alphabets, > when user would mouseover the language name, it would display a subme= nu > with the alphabet names. ex. If I want to learn Japanesee hiragana, I > would: click Settings->Language->Asia & oceania->Japanese->Hiragana. > > II.) khangman > Well it is more of a game, than an edu program, but that does not reall= y > matter. My idea on 10n of khangman is to create a file containing words > that would be guessed, order by level: > > Easy > bird > > etc... > > III.) kmessedwords > It is also an edugame, the idea would be similar khangman: > > Easy > ribd > bird > > As for the screens we could create a subdir containing them, it would b= e > later copied to kde-18n. _______________________________________________ kde-edu-devel mailing list kde-edu-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu-devel