List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] KMathTool
From:       Birgit Schulz <Schulz.B () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-04-24 15:43:45

Hi everybody ...

after a long yesterday afternoon of hard working  I managed it to bring
KMathTool to the cvs.

As it was told to me, is isn't really possible to use KDevelop like before,
because it will rewrite makefile.am in an undesired way.

So what shall I do ... may be i use my KMathTool-Version on my computer and
add new classes and add new functions to the existing classes. I can test
them and after this I try to append them to the cvs-Version using KDiff to
add my changes.

At first I will add the topic with the parabolas. That will be a fast thing.

Very easy, too, will be the appending of calculting with the area and
perimeter of some other figures like diffrent tetragons.
A special topic will be the triangle, because i have more than 15 possible
values that can be calculated of three given.

Nearly the same will be a topic with corpuses(???) like cuboids, pyramids,
spheres, ... calculating the volume and the surface.

Two topics are already in the menu "Calculate" are ...
- calculating ... I have got already some routines to show what i mean, but i
have got still some problems with the formating off the output.
- fractions ... not yet any idea, because i will not have an overlapping with
(K)Bruch. Questions are ---- how enter or output a fraction (use a
Maths-Markup-Language? ... I know that there is one existing, but I'm not
familiar with it) ---- Differ between + - and */ and make it possible to
enter as many fractions as possible liked and give help like finding the same
denominator (for the germans: erweitern) as an intermediate step ------ ....

Well thats how I will go on. If anyone has an other idea and feels unemployed
he/she can add some more topics ... or help me to manage the last two topics

Many thanks ... specially to bml, gogo, annma ... Birgit.