List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Usability issues
From:       dominique devriese <domi () living ! pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-04-18 15:06:05

Op donderdag 18 april 2002 13:24, schreef Anne-Marie MAHFOUF:
> On Thursday 18 Apr 2002 12:14 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > Here's a radical proposal: kdeedu as a package should depend upon
> > kdegames. This way the games in kdeedu can use libkdegames, avoiding code
> > duplication for things like the Game menu.
>
> We should first define what we need then see if it exists. If it's worth it
> (if we have several stuff in common with kdegames), yes, why not have a
> common lib?
> I am not too keen of having big (in Mb) dependencies though.
> That was already suggested but here we are only in the very beginning of
> finding how we would like to do things.

Maybe it would be good if kdegames would make its library available
separately, perhaps there should be a new kde module containing support
library's of all sorts, like libkdegames, libkdenetwork, libkoffice
(advocating a solution for my own problem here too :), and perhaps libkdeedu
if it ever gets built...
This would allow for all sorts of programs to depend upon those library's
without requiring the entire kdegames or koffice package...

just my two ¢
domi