List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] App of the month - KTouch
From:       Anne-Marie MAHFOUF <a-m.mahfouf () lineone ! net>
Date:       2002-04-14 15:59:41

On Sunday 14 Apr 2002 10:40 am, Håvard Frøiland wrote:
> Hello..
>
> I have been asked if I would answer some questions for an interview for the
> "App of the month" page. Some of the questions are more directed against
> the Kdeedu project. Since I have been inactive the last few months,
> concerning the Kdeedu project, I would need some help to answer some
> questions.
waoooooooh! wonderful!!!!! Well done, KTouch!

> Here are the questions, that I would like some help with.
:)

> 1. First of all: congratulations for publishing the first official release
> of the KDE Edutainment family. What's the current state of this KDE project
> concerning the initiation of new edutainment applications ?
We are currently preparing new programs for the KDE3.1 release: a math
plotter program, a Japanese language learning tool, a Spanish verbs learning
tool, a Norvegian verbs learning tool, a flash card tool and a hangman game.
We are also preparing for the KDE3.2 release two mathematic tools, one for
primary school children and one for older children.

> 3. Do you know of plans of CD-ROM-based CBT-programs (Computer Based
> Training) for the KDE Edutainment family, e.g. some kind of multimedial
> application to learn a foreign language ?
(my english is not so good for the following but you will get the idea of
what I try to say......)
Not yet I think. I have not heard of any of that. The KDE-Edutainment project
started just 8 months ago so it is very young. The fact that KTouch and
KStars existed before allowed a strong start for the project and a release
of the kdeedu package so soon.
But we are not yet in position of filling a CD with educationjal KDE software!

> Thanks for all help. ;-) And congratulations with a fantastic KDE release,
> I am currently getting it up and running. And hopefully I will be able to
> get some more work done, concerning Kdeedu project.

Thanks!

Anne-Marie