List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Percentage Vocabulary
From:       KStars <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2002-04-12 15:49:01

Hello,

On Friday 12 April 2002 12:40 pm, Matthias Messmer wrote:
> Let's say 25% of 140 Euro is 35 Euro. In german 25% is called "Prozentsatz"
> which means the same as "percentage". 140 Euro is called "Grundwert" and 35
> Euro is called "Prozentwert". These words shall label some buttons in the
> application to make clear, which kind of exercise can be reached that way.

Hmm, in English, if you write it as a fraction "35/140", then 35 is the
"numerator" and 140 is the "denominator".  However, these terms aren't
commonly used outside of math class, and I'm not positive they apply to
percentages as well, but I think that is as close as you're going to get :)

cheers,
Jason
--
KStars: A K Desktop Planetarium