List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Status
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-04-02 13:33:50

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 16:26, George Richard Russell wrote:
> Andy Fawcett wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 April 2002 16:15, George Richard Russell wrote:
> >>On Java requirements - Konqueror already requires a JVM / JRE for
> >>Java applet support.
> >
> > It's optional, definitely not needed for konqueror to run.
> >
> > A.
>
> But required for any Java applet support in konqueror ;-)

True.

But my point was (not explained) that when it comes to packaging for
distributions, there is *generally* no hard dependency on a JVM/JDK for
installing any KDE module. It is entirely optional (as it should be for
any installation of that size!).

A.

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy@athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."